Monday, January 18, 2010

For Parents: The Outline of the Ancient Egypt Lessons

I have a general outline that I use to develop my coursework for my children's Humanities lessons which gives me an idea of what to cover in each "era" of the Humanities course I'm creating for them.  Right now, we are studying Ancient Egypt.

I thought it might be helpful if you had access to my outline, which is a work-in-progress right now as I collect and sort information, write lessons only a few days ahead of where we are now, and modify things as they work/don't work and as I discover new resources.

The outline starts with a list of links (quite long right now) that I found but have not yet perused and extracted "single-lesson" materials from.  Below that is the outline of what I'm working on. Links back to Learning Lynx are completed lessons. Links to outside sites are collections of pages I intend to examine when I sit down to write specific lessons on each topic. They have not been examined or evaluated, and are not to be considered a cohesive lesson yet. In fact, many of them will never appear on Learning Lynx as I usually discover that some links are more valuable than others.

With that in mind, here is the link to my developmental materials so that you can take it where you want your family to go if you're studying along with us.

 http://docs.google.com/View?id=ddssdqrh_74cbtjznfb

Also, if you want to develop your own Humanities lessons, here is the link to the blank "Era" worksheet/outline. Bear in mind that this is something I developed myself. It will not follow the standard teaching approaches for K-8 (or even K-12) traditional education, it might be too "thorough" for you or your kids, and I don't cover every single topic for every single era (conversely, I might add some for an era that warrants it).

http://docs.google.com/View?id=ddssdqrh_739jm6crfd

No comments: